Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Crocodile tears

When life is rough and tumble, really need a friend like you.
When life beats me down and double, really need a friend like you.
Cause when you come knockin baby, I don' feel crazy feeling blue

Put your arms around me baby, cry those crocodile tears
Yeah, put your arms around me baby, cry those crocodile tears
Say you're my buddy baby, and you'll just bite away my fears

I go to shake your hand, and you hug me and you smile
Yeah, I go to shake your hand, and you hug me and you smile
And I listen to you talking, and I know you full o' guile.

You're so sincere, baby, you're so full of sympathy.
Yeah you're so helpful baby, and you so full of sympathy.
It helps you get lots closer, and take a nibble out of me.

Hold me honey baby, tell me it'll be all right.
Yeah, comfort me my baby, say it's gonna be all right
I love the way you do that. I'll keep my billfold out of sight

You so kind and helpful that you oughtta be my wife
Yeah, you want to be so helpful, that you oughtta be my wife
But when you get that helpful, gotta watch out for that knife

To get you here beside me, just gotta let you smell my blood
Yeah, to get you here to help me, just gotta let you smell my blood
You'll sniff that knife they slipped me, and you'll give it one more shove.

It's when I'm feelin helpless, that's when you fill me full of cheer
Yeah, it's when I'm feelin helpless, that you tell have no fear
And it's when I quit my lookout, you drip those crocodile tears.

Cry those crocodile tears, it's great to have a friend like you.
Yeah, cry those crocodile tears, it's great to have a friend like you.
Cause with you beside me baby, I got good reason feelin blue.

Cryin on the outside, but you're smilin' underneath
Now you're grinnin' on the outside, I can see them gleamin' teeth
As those tears run down your cheekbones, I see them chompers leave their sheath

Know a business woman, she got color in her hair.
She's an enterprising woman, an' she got color in her hair.
This woman she's all business, she do her business everywhere.

Cry those crocodile tears, it's great to have a friend like you.
Yeah, cry those crocodile tears, it's great to have a friend like you.
Cause with you beside me baby, I got good reason
I got a real good reason
I got the best damn reason in the whole damn world
to be feelin
blue.

--30--







No comments:

Post a Comment