Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Movin' into Haggett day

I'm sittin on the bumper and the sweat's drippin offa me
In the basement of a building and the bowles of the dormitory
There's a cute girl over there,
see the frosh with the long blond hair
Got her name on the list
So she won't be missed
And  breathing the same stale air as me

You probably wonder what we're all doin here
With our TV's, jammies, boxes, CDs and all our outoor gear
With our shoes and slacks and skirts
word processors, pens and flannel shirts
This is get your stuff together, movin into Haggett day

Nice boy at the gate held out his hand, to say
If you take your time you gotta pay the man, today
And while you son goes to get his keys
If you wouldn't mind too much please
Park round the bend, the road comes to an end
You coudn't be more'n half mile away

When we finally drove on over to the dorm
There were five kids there to show us where
I guess that's just the norm
In T-shirts and buttons, hey,
We're here to help, they say
Rooty toot toot, your buns are cute
But would you please move 'em outta my way?

You reach the elevator by a line through the furnace room
In a chain link tunnel with a muggy sense of gloom
Then you stop at every floor
The operator's seen it many times before
It won't do nuthin, so
She bangs on the buttons
We finally move on when it closes the door

Now that I have made my getaway
There's just one more thing that I think that  I had better say
Gonna get down on my knees, pray to the good Lord please
Don't wanna go through another Movin inta Haggett day!
--30--

No comments:

Post a Comment