Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Tabloid publisher bossman blues

My editor tol' me
Like he done in the pas'
Use computer spell check
Or this day'll be your las'

 Cause he the boss man!
 Heart as cold as Nome
 He the bos' bos' boss man
 Left his soul at home

Ad manager told me
You shoulda heard him shout
Get your ads upon that page
Or I'm gonna leave 'em out!

Cause he the boss man!
Makes me toe the line
Yeah, he the big, bad boss man
He wants my work on time

Layout forman tol' me
Cut that copy straight
Don' jam up those headlines
Or you gonna meet your fate

Cause he the bossman!
Heart as black as coal
Yeah, he the bos, bos, bossman
Tell him to sit on a pica pole!

Supervisor calls me
Leans back in his chair
Says Boy, you do it my way
If you wanna get somewhere


Cause he the boss man
Wanna bust his neck
But he the big bad bossman
The one who writes my check

Gonna leave this outfit
That ain't just a whim
Problem is the next place
Got another just like him!

Yeah, he a bossman
Heart as cold as Nome
He the bos, bos,  bossman
Left his soul at home

--30--

No comments:

Post a Comment